Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Tax Day, or Dismantling Right-Wing Frames, One Person At a Time

I paid the government the $3200 or so I owed it today, with a whole day or so to spare. I had a rather interesting conversation with the clerk at the bank, who said something about my not wanting to pay "the government," and I said, "Eh, it's not so bad. I like the stuff I get for paying taxes. I've probably used that much in doctor's appointments last year alone. So fair's fair." He got this wonderful "I didn't think of that before" sort of look on his face, said, "Yeah, that's fair," and handed me my slip back.


____________
Side Note: Hello friends here to read the "How to Argue..." series. My spoons took a wrong toin at Albuquoique and there's just no way I'm going to be able to write anything else today. Fear not, I shall return with more argument analysis anon. In the meantime, go read Streetcars -- a simple thought experiment."

2 Comments:

Blogger Interrobang said...

[Chinese comment spam deleted. --?!]

5:20 PM  
Anonymous Green Parking Solutions said...

We are next-generation providers of integrated passenger scheduling solutions, covering all aspects of Vehicle and Passenger Scheduling, Routing, Vehicle Tracking and Mobile Communications and the partner of choice for many of today's leading commercial companies and government organizations.
Demand responsive transport

12:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home