Thursday, February 08, 2007

My First Blogoversary!

Interrobang's Internationale is one year old today! It got off to a great start with By The Numbers, a numerical analysis of the Bush death toll (a year ago) compared to various US population centres, and then almost immediately went on hiatus for about three weeks, because a friend came to visit me from England and stayed for three weeks.

I manage to post here irregularly -- I'm going to try to aim for more regular posts, now that I have a job that demands regular, if part-time, hours, although it's often difficult to come up with the kinds of things that I like to write in this forum just like that. A lot of my pieces, believe it or not, involve substantial amounts of research and, dare I say, even some number-crunching. Even Tell Her Klezmer Joe Was Here and Had to Go and the streetcar series, while more in my arts-and-social-science type background area, weren't exactly trivial to write. (The streetcar manuscript and all its pieces fought me every electron of the way.)

Thanks to all of my regular readers (I know who you are, or at least what your IP addresses are!) for being here. Thanks to those of you who leave comments, especially my regular commenters -- #1 Interrobangish Fan Sanjay, Eli Who Pinches, Green Goddess Anne Johnson, and particularly my buddy Spocko! (Also, big thanks to YodQaf for calling me today! You rock, dude! Call me sometime when I'm actually home, though.) I could have done it without you, but it wouldn't have been anywhere near as much fun...

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy annibloggary!

8:18 AM  
Blogger spocko said...

Happy Annibloggary!

So glad to know you. Your intellect and world view has been so wonderful to read about and have been a huge help to me.

Proud to be your fan.
LLAP,
Spocko

3:03 PM  
Blogger spocko said...

I meant "HAS been a huge help to me".
(Which is not to say you are a has been...")
LLAP,
Spocko

3:04 PM  
Blogger Deacon Barry said...

Happy Blogday to you!
Lots of linkies - brand new!
Have a party
With Technorati.
Happy Blogday to you!

5:37 PM  
Blogger Interrobang said...

ROFLMAO! I can so tell you're from the UK (I know you're Scottish, but for the purposes of this comment, it actually doesn't matter where; my friend in Biiihkin'ead would say it more or less the exact same way). Over here in the Colonies, "party" does not rhyme with "Technorati." *grin* It isn't even an eye-rhyme!

5:46 PM  
Blogger Phila said...

Happy anniblogiversibloggery! You're brilliant, funny, and Canadian...how could I not love your blog?

XOXO,

10:43 PM  
Blogger ellroon said...

Congrats! May your bloggityness continue to shine forth!

10:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats! And many happy returns and all that!

You, ah, have a rather generous definition of "regular" - I do try to visit one a day or close to it, even if I can't think of anything to say...

12:43 AM  
Blogger Interrobang said...

I mean "regular" more in the sense of "the usual crowd" rather than "frequent." If that's generous, well, it's a liberal thing... *grin*

10:19 PM  
Blogger luckluster said...

Mazal tov! Although I'm a bit disappointed you didn't mention me in that post.

- Yod Kuf

PS: Who's Yud Kaf? ;)

4:09 AM  
Blogger Interrobang said...

You're mean and your language's vowels need professional help. ;)

5:17 PM  
Blogger Anne Johnson said...

THIS IS ANNE JOHNSON'S ROBOT.

HAPPY BLOGIVERSARY.

REPEAT.

HAPPY BLOGIVERSARY.

THIS MESSAGE WILL SELF-DESTRUCT IN 2030.

4:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home