Sunday, December 17, 2006

Props to Jeffraham Prestonian!!

As part of my ongoing service to build the reputations of my friends in the blogosphere, I'd like to introduce you all to fellow Eschatonian and all-round nice guy Jeffraham Prestonian. Jeffraham, as we like to call him, is best known for his adorable pictures of his wonderful cat (who reminds me a lot of my cat, Nero!), but who is also a not-so-stealth tech whiz and budding entrepreneur.

As most of you may know, I'm a technical writer, which sort of puts me in Midgaard, halfway between the tech gods, and halfway between the poor schlubs who only get to use the software. As a technical writer, what I mostly do is author help files (I try to author good ones, so if you see a really bad one, don't blame me; I probably didn't have anything to do with it), but I've also written some procedural documents and course content (I really like doing that!). So Jeffraham and I had an interesting conversation about tech stuff, ranging from interface design to useability issues, to old hardware we had known and loved. Apparently we both have a soft spot for old library computers.

He also helped me learn (or taught me) how to batch-convert files from one file format to another. That was cool. I turned yea many hundred BMP (Windows bitmap) files into PNG files. Turns out my crotchety cantankerous help authoring tool doesn't play well with PNGs, but it is useful to know anyhow.

The Pitch Part: Jeffraham is starting a tech-support business called CurlyTech (after his adorable cat). He offers a great tech support special:



My friends, this man gives good tech support, even after he's had a few beers. Not only that, but he's personable, fun to talk to, and nice to listen to. Check him out!

2 Comments:

Blogger karmic said...

I will pass on the info to a buddy of mine from CT, who needs helps with PC issues.

8:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jeff this is Shannon Preston! You need to call me it is important. 7403520836

11:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home